UPDATE:
short version (because the detailed version would make a novella)
Following the previous 4 hours of efforts...
Calling back at 3:15pm. They can't correct the information because I entered a future date on the form, which the system can't handle, and must be manually corrected. I need to talk to the eligibility unit, which is only open until 3:00. TOTAL TIME: 4:45
Calling back at 2:15pm. Repeat above information. Transfer to eligibility unit. They also cannot fix the situation, but call back in two weeks and it should be fine. TOTAL TIME: 5:45
Calling back two weeks later. Repeat information. Actually, they can't sign you up before you lose insurance. Call back on July 1, after your insurance ends. "Also, I got a past due notice for two months of insurance premiums for my daughter." Yes, I applied on 5/31/18, and despite completely wigging out Vermont Health Connect, it backdated her eligibility for Medicaid to 5/1/18. Nevermind that I didn't want it until 7/1. This, they can fix. TOTAL TIME: 6:45
Calling back on July 2 (7/1 is Sunday). Repeat information. Dig up the print-out I did back in May about which plan we want. Yes, they can sign us up. Houston, we have insurance! Wait, except for one thing. They can't put my daughter back on Medicaid without income verification. Yes, we gave it to you two months ago, when you didn't want it, but now that you do want it, you have to prove it. Okay. But that should be easy, just fax over a month's worth of paystubs. TOTAL TIME: 8:00
We are insured!
Theoretically. It doesn't really take effect until I send them the first premium, after they send me the first bill. But it should be done.
8 hours. A good day's work, finally done.
Monday, July 02, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment